Host Jeremiah Washington shares with Sister Lori Kirchman what he learned about prayer in the blueberry patch; they explore the church’s ancient prayer and discover ways everyone can integrate Liturgy of the Hours into busy lives.
- Always pick blueberries early in the morning before the bugs are out.
- The beauty of the Liturgy of the Hours is that it is truly a world prayer. At all times of the day there is someone, somewhere in the world, saying that specific prayer.
1. Give the king your justice, O God,and your righteousness to a king's son.2. May he judge your people with righteousness,and your poor with justice.3. May the mountains yield prosperity for the people,and the hills, in righteousness.4. May he defend the cause of the poor of the people,give deliverance to the needy,and crush the oppressor.5. May he live while the sun endures,and as long as the moon, throughout all generations.6. May he be like rain that falls on the mown grass,like showers that water the earth.7. In his days may righteousness flourishand peace abound, until the moon is no more.
Liturgy of the Hours Resources
- USCCB Website
- Download the Give Us This Day daily prayer app
- Christian Prayer: The Liturgy of the Hours by Catholic Book Publishing Co.
- The Journey to Springfield: The Origins of the Dominican Sisters of Springfield, IL 1873-1893
- Learn more the Dominican charism by joining our Associate Program
- Sister Lori's Seven Prayer Pointers
- Learn more about Cor Unum House and register for their online Cor Unum Sundays or Women's Wednesday Scripture Reflection meetings
Talk to Me
Contact Sister Lori Kirchman through the Cor Unum House Facebook page.
Follow us on social media for exclusive content!