Host Jeremiah Washington learns the origins of Sister Mary Emmeric’s name, her parents’ reaction to her choice of religious life, and how her experience of God has changed in 60 years of religious life.
- Living in community is a help for personal, spiritual, and professional growth
- When you respond to God’s love, your spiritual life will evolve in unexpected ways
- God’s love is uncreated energy. Think about THAT.
- God takes you as you are.
- You are never too old to grow spiritually.
There is an underground dining experience in the old St. Emmeric Church in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood. What’s that? Who knows. But you can find out more here.
Down the rabbit hole
Visit the parish were Sister M. Emmeric spend 23 wonderful years: St. Edward, Chicago.
Telling the family
Sister Mary Emmeric says her dad was not thrilled with the idea of her vocation—at first. Read more here about navigating a religious vocation with your family.
Follow us on social media for exclusive content!